Workshop on Optimization Issues in Energy Efficient Distributed Systems
Call for Papers
As part of
The 2011 International Conference on High Performance Computing & Simulation
In Conjunction With
The International Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Conference (IWCMC 2011)
July 4 – 8, 2011
(Submission Deadline: February 28, 2011)
SCOPE AND OBJECTIVE
Minimization of energy consumption has become a central issue in designing distributed systems that range from wireless ad hoc networks to data centers.
Because battery technologies have not yet matched advances in hardware and software technologies, saving energy in battery-operated devices is very important for mobile/wireless networks. Similarly, minimizing energy consumption in high performance computing centers will, in addition to saving power consumption, require less cooling mechanisms.
These new challenges require innovative and effective optimization solutions for minimizing power consumption in distributed systems, such as energy-efficient scheduling algorithms and energy-efficient Medium Access Control (MAC) protocols.
The goal of this workshop is to bring together researchers who are interested in addressing issues of concern and challenges related to optimizing computing system power consumption, energy efficient systems, and distributed systems.
Both theoretical papers and papers describing practical experiences will be welcome.
The Workshop topics include (but are not limited to) the following:
You are invited to submit original and unpublished research works on above and other topics related to optimization issues in energy efficient distributed systems. Submitted papers must not have been published or simultaneously submitted elsewhere. Submission should include a cover page with authors' names, affiliation addresses, fax numbers, phone numbers, and email addresses. Please, indicate clearly the corresponding author and include up to 6 keywords from the above list of topics and an abstract of no more than 450 words. The full manuscript should be at most 7 pages using the two-column IEEE format. Additional pages will be charged at additional fee. Please include page numbers on all submissions to make it easier for reviewers to provide helpful comments. Submit a PDF copy of your full manuscript via email to the Workshop organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Only PDF files will be accepted. Each paper will receive a minimum of three reviews. Papers will be selected based on their originality, relevance, technical clarity and presentation. Authors of accepted papers must guarantee that their papers will be registered and presented at the workshop.
All accepted papers will be published as ISBN proceedings by the IEEE and will be available online through the IEEE Digital Library. Extended versions of selected papers will be considered for publication in a special edition of the Journal of Cluster Computing (Springer).
If you have any questions about paper submission or the workshop, please contact the organizers.
International Program Committee:
All submitted papers will be reviewed by the workshop technical program committee members following similar criteria used in HPCS 2011.
• Mansoor Ahmed, COMSATS Institute of Information Technology, Pakistan
• Enrique Alba, University of Malaga, Spain
• Ezendu Ariwa, London Metropolitan University, UK
• Francisco Chicano, University of Malaga, Spain
• Luc Hogie, CNRS/INRIA Sophia-Antipolis, France
• Joanna Kolodziej, University of Bielsko-Biala, Poland
• Laurent Lefevre, INRIA RESO / LIP, Lyon, France
• Jen Juan Li, North Dakota State University, USA
• Hongxiang Li, North Dakota State University, USA
• Thanasis Loukopoulos, University of Thessaly, Greece
• Francisco Luna, University of Malaga, Spain
• Gabriel J. Luque, University of Malaga, Spain
• Nasro Min-Allah, COMSATS Institute of Information Technology, Pakistan
• Sajjad Mohsin, COMSATS Institute of Information Technology, Pakistan
• Johnatan Pecero, University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg
• Jean-Marc Pierson, University Paul Sabatier, Toulouse, France
• Franciszek Seredynski, Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw, Poland
• Krzysztof Szczypiorski, Warsaw University of Technology, Poland
• El-Ghazali Talbi, INRIA-Futurs, Lille, France
• Tuan Anh Trinh, Budapest University of Technology and Economics, Hungary
• Denis Trystram, ENSIMAG, France
• Sherali Zeadally, University of the District of Columbia, USA
• Albert Y. Zomaya, University of Sydney, Australia
For information or questions about Conference's paper submission, tutorials, posters, workshops, special sessions, exhibits, demos, panels and forums organization, doctoral colloquium, and any other information about the conference location, registration, paper formatting, etc., please consult the Conference’s web site at URL: http://hpcs11.cisedu.info/ or contact one of the Conference's organizers. If you have any questions about the HPCS 2011 conference paper submission, please contact Conference Program Chair: Waleed W. Smari, Voice: +1 (937) 681-0098, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.